40 hours per week - 3 weeks 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Mon. – Fri.) & included in rotation schedule:
8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (every 4th week).
The Bookkeeper is responsible for processing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements, cross-selling the Bank's products and services; generating business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. Confidentiality, excellent organizations skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The position of Bookkeeper is also required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of Cash Management and is required to assist in the cross-training of less experienced branch staff members. This position serves as a backup to Cash Management. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Minimum six (6) months related banking experience or Bookkeeper role
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios)
- Fluent with technology and products
- Understanding of the technical aspects of products, e.g., file formats, transaction flows, file transmissions, etc.
- Knowledge of ten-key number pad
- Ability to work under time constraints, use good judgment, and act in a tactful, professional, non-irritated manner while dealing with the public and co-workers
- Must have a professional appearance and manner
- Effectively communicates using outstanding listening skills and verbal, non-verbal, and written skills
- Ability to work alongside co-workers in a team environment
- Reliable attendance
- Proven strong service orientation and excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn banking and lending products, services, policies, procedures, regulatory guidelines, and effective marketing and sales practices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player with strong interpersonal skills and sales aptitude
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast-pace environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
Responsibilities and Duties
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure customers receive efficient and courteous service.
- Strive to resolve customer inquiries in a clear articulate manner on the first call without having to transfer callers.
- Complete, process, and maintain applicable paperwork and records.
- Review daily reports.
- Process items (Proof)
- Gather information, research/resolve inquiries.
- Process stop payments
- Identifi Trak (signature cards and CIN forms)
- Handle disgruntled and dissatisfied customers in a professional manner.
- Serves as backup to Cash Management
- Proactively reach out or discover resources to determine solutions
- Maintain strong organizational skills including effective time management in all key responsibilities of the job
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish positive working relationships.
- Cross-selling the Bank’s products and services by identifying customer needs and making referrals to further grow customer relationships and generate new business.
- Tracks and meets deposit and referral goals; contributes to the growth and profitability of the Bank by meeting objectives and encouraging team members to meet goals and make referrals.
- Attending and participating in branch meetings to further develop understanding of sales initiatives, bank products, operations, and customer service standards.
- Assists with cross-training of new or less experienced staff.
- Assists customers by answering questions, responding to requests, and referring customers to appropriate staff for inquiries or other services.
- Makes the proper inquiries to solve problems or answer questions for customers, consulting fellow employees, a supervisor, or bank department when necessary.
- Practices branch security procedures and protects customer confidentiality and privacy at all times, both in and outside of the branch; maintains customer accounts and files.
- Proactively seeks ways to develop and expand customer relationships through marketing displays, call programs, and other prospecting techniques; implements special loan or deposit promotions; prepares deposit proposals for prospective or existing customers at officer’s request; participates in prospect or customer calling with bank officer.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; and completing assigned training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and/or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
FNBD Career Opportunities and Benefits
You may not be aware of the variety of career opportunities available in the banking profession. Career advancement is virtually unlimited. There are many advantages of working in the banking profession, and First National Bank DeRidder offers a variety of benefits, which include:
- Competitive Pay
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Continuing Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Great Hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401-K Retirement Plan
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance Policy
- Medical - Bank pays % of Employee Coverage
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test.
Download the employment application and submit your completed application package to any of our locations, or you can submit directly to Human Resources by mail, fax or click here to securely upload via email.
First National Bank DeRidder
Attention: Human Resources
Post Office Box 700
DeRidder, LA. 70634
FNBD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, sex, gender, marital status, age, national origin, veterans status, disability, genetics, or any other legally protected activity or status. We encourage Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities to apply. If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the employment application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 337-463-6231 or email us at Careers@bankfnbd.com. Applicants and employees notice of EEO rights are available in our office and online. Click here to view the notice.